Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mommy, the sky is falling.

Eighty - six hours.

That's how many hours I worked last week.

8 - 6 h - o- u=r s!

It's like two regular weeks work crammed into the space of one. You really should try it sometime.

Apart from sleeping, that doesn't leave a lot of time for reclivity. Or anything else...

This week, my boss summoned me to his office. I have been expecting 'the talk' for some time now. Especially since two of my colleagues had mysteriously disappeared during one of my field trips. I thought that I would have to initiate it, but he beat me to it.

"Now as the project is nearing its final stages, their is a strong possibility that you (that means me) will be out of contract in the next three weeks."

"And it's sad that we had to let Mihail and Johnson go last week, but we don't have enough work going to keep you all on."

"And since I (the boss) will be taking a new position in sales, it will be up to the new project leaders to decide if they want to keep you on."

"Now, I don't want to see you go, but I want to see a lot more of you round the office. No more late shifts. We're part of a team you know."

"I just wanted to give you notice thats all, I didn't want to stuff you around."

OK.

I don't know what that was about. I haven't been officially given the sack. As far as I can tell... they were offering me a large brown bag with the word SACK written on it instead.

Methinks I should start looking for new work as a precautionary measure.

I get the feeling that my time is up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home