Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Behold... my third nipple

For a while now, I have been toying with the idea of tearing down this blog.

Being over a year old now, (gah!) considerable amounts of two-fingered typing have gone into its construction. To delete it would be akin to cutting off a third nipple.

Like an extraneous part of me being severed, but one that is at present unsightly.

It's just that...


I don't feel that it truly captures the essence that is Adrian.

And that is not cool.

Not being a writer, or professing to have any consistent passion for writing (although I have my moments) I'd like to think that I am more interesting than my words make me out to be. It just feels like a ramshackle mixture of drear happenings and the odd vengeful spiteworthy poem.

Not the most enjoyable reading material I'm sure.

And my lack of http skills, access to peripherals, and general motivation to dress it up do not help matters (Not to mention time).

Of course there is the chance that I am just bland and insipid (Crickets chirp). And that this blog is a true and accurate representation of who I am and what I stand for (not much). Perhaps that is what I fear the most. What a harsh truth that would be.

Maybe, I'm just kidding myself, and getting all Self-important and serious. I do that too you know. And quite well.

I think actually that I'm just out of time like Sky Saxon. Miserable introversion is not cool at the moment like it was in the mid-nineties. You don't see Lindsay Lohan sitting in a library cutting her arms or fretting over existential dilemmas. Oh no.

More likely she's at the BAFTAs getting shitfaced and throwing her legs in every direction EXCEPT downward.


Well, perhaps I just lack a little direction...

Perhaps the third nipple will eventually get its areolae decorated with some flower petals and smiley faces.

So for now, blog stays.

But if one day, out of the blue, you find it no longer here...

Please don't be surprised.

I'll still be reading your blogs though. Especially yours Wegg, you make the mundane seem so un-mundane and with your own brand of individualist spice thrown into the mix. And talk about prolific. I'd like to get bitten by what ever bug got you (I don't mean the creepy ant).

Let's just hope that things get better around here,

For my sake,

And yours.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a sublime gift it is to paint a picture of oneself for posterity - poorly rendered though it may be. If dreams really are free, then spread them around.

April 20, 2006 10:48 am  
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

and if wishes were fishes we would all cast nets

April 20, 2006 5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realised...the word 'nipple' makes me nauseous.

April 27, 2006 11:57 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

You are all quite right.

I have a habit of looking gift horses in the mouth. Self-indulgent to be sure,

... but I ask you...

what good is a horse with bad teeth?

April 28, 2006 9:17 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

good for riding around on.

good for making into gelatin products.

still no good for standing behind, though.

May 02, 2006 11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home