Saturday, January 14, 2006

Green Room

The most amazing things happened last night...

I reached into my pocket.... and pulled out...

a telephone!


Would you believe... a girl-scout with rabies?

And if that isn't freaky enough,... I then used the telephone... to take photographs. Totally bodacious. You don't believe me do you? You think I've watched too many episodes of Get Smart.

Well here is the undeniable proof...




Hard-Ons at the Green Room last night.


Some great bands played. The Spazzys were good, but of course they just had to show up to be good. I missed Mach Pelican and Bored! (Did Bored! actually play?)

The most entertaining band of the night was called "Mr Hyde and the Jekylls" or something at 4am. The singer (pictured below in Golden Axe garb) yells out:

"We're the Bad Brains, and this is I against I" before launching himself off the front of the stage and canonballing into the largely empty room as the band lurched and thrashed away on stage. He was on a mission to get in as many people's faces as possible, and he did this admirably.

The next thing I knew the little stocky guy was buried under about twenty people who decided they didn't care for the cut of his jib. The band themselves were great, and they worked away to make this soundtrack for the chaos. Almost like two seperate conversations at the same time.

And the Big Daaay Out is going to be fun this year. I'll see you in the pit.

2 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

adelaide or melbourne?

January 14, 2006 10:19 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

If I can get time off work, Adelaide. Otherwise, Melbourne.

January 18, 2006 8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home