Monday, December 19, 2005

... all over his pants

The new year can't come fast enough for me.

Almost like premature ejaculation.

I'm quite eager to get stuck into 2006, as a few things have become clear to me over the past few weeks. Work is crazy busy. I'm finding that an excellent way to not spend money is to make money. And it's been good to take my hand off the wheel and let things coast for awhile.

The only drawback to all this work is that I seem to be losing my creativity and the ability to have interesting conversation. Hmmm....

*blink*

"So Adrian, have they given you a date for moving back to Adelaide yet?" enquired my ever-so-righteous-housechum.

I sat in silent contemplation.

I didn't know what I was going to say, but I knew whatever it might be, that I was signing my name with my tongue. The next words out of my mouth would determine my future.

I smiled to myself as the good-fairy and bad-fairy jostled for position around my head.

"It'll be sometime mid-January. They said they would tell me on Monday.", I fabricated.

The bad fairy won. He often does.

"They sound a bit disorganised to me."

I smiled to myself and left it at that.

Well the truth of the matter is that I've decided not to go back to Adelaide. Not yet anyways.

Instead I've decided on a much more cunning course of action. I'm going to leave my current quarters, and search for somewhere else to live (in Melbourne).

Why should I move all the way back to Adelaide for an extra $10 K in benefits?

I think that I'm worth more than $10 K.

The Adelaide job will still be there in six months. I'll consider the options then. But for now, I want to live consarn it. And I still don't feel that I've landed in the right place yet, dagnabbit.

So I'm gunna be lookin for some new housemates. Interests should include (in no particular order)

Music (And I'm not talking about Shannon Noll or Bernard fucking Fannning)
Soirees (Tea, biscuits, wine, prawns)
Literature (Proust, Rousseau, Viz magazines)
Exercise (Jane Fonda, Clint Eastwood)

and

Being...

oo000oo

I'm all excited to be seeing the Fireballs at the Prince of Wales this Friday night (Christmas Eve Eve). The last time I saw this rockabilly outfit was in 1997 I believe at the Unibar in Adelaide. I was rather tipsy due to having consumed a good portion of a bottle of cheap scotch (Apologies to Alice for my wandering hands). It will be another sentimental journey for me, because I remember being at the Prince of Wales on NYE in 2000, and having a rather raucously riveting night. So I'm hoping for a repeat.

And what plans for New Years?

I am a firm believer that however you spend your New Years Eve sets a precedent for the year ahead. So... I'm going to go down to the Mornington Peninsula (I haven't been down there yet) to check out the sights. I hear good things happen there on NYE?

I'm still unsure whether I'm going to party on, or spend it in tranquil contemplation.

Hmmm...

Whatever the outcome...

Look out 2006, I'll make you into mincemeat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Smack said...

have a safe and happy xmas Adrian

December 24, 2005 1:30 pm  
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

if i could email you this vanilla slice, i would

merry chrsitmas, now go listen to a cd
xxxx

December 24, 2005 2:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a merry Xmas to you both also.

*sings*
Keep on blogging in the free world...

December 24, 2005 9:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

well i must say,

that to be busy working has nothing to do with creative output----

take it as you will.

i've been unemployed for a few months now.

and been getting plenty laid, and all that nonsense.

but creativity is a constant.

it finds its variables in which it must be placed.

i spent new years in a relatively quiet room, watching an aqantance enjoy a trip on magical mushrooms.

a prediction for the new year?

maybe, but i'll say

mushrooms are hard enough

when its my blood in which they swim

January 04, 2006 7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home