Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Summertime rolls

It's unofficially the first day of summer today! Yay!!

And what better time to create a new list of dreams? We'll say for the next year just to give a time frame.

(1) Travel overseas... again
I'm thinking San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, although I'd love to see the Rocky mountains, the deserts of Arizona and the prairies of the Southern states. And I'm in need of some sort of proper holiday. Maybe a cruise? Although I've heard that only old people go on cruises. Or maybe another trip back to SE Asia. Not any of those tourist-ridden places like Bali though. Somewhere more pristine and off the beaten track.

Actually I'd like to do the Kimberleys too. It's in Australia, and it'd be fun if there was a resort or something up there.

(2) See some great bands
I've also wanted to see U2 in their heartland?!? So hopefully they will play some more shows in North America late next year. That would be a great excuse to do (1) while I'm at it. I was fortunate enough to see them play at Footy Park in 93? and it was great, although I was quite overawed by the occasion. I'd also like to see some great bands in LA that I would never tour over here.

Oooh, and I just noticed Iggy and the Stooges are playing the Big Day Out next year! Having not once been to a BDO(!), I am prepared to make an exception this year.

(3) Continue to improve financial situation
That's a bit vague isn't it? And can I do that with (1) and (2) as well? I think I'm headed in the right direction...

(4) Reconsider my future job prospects
Having been able to find a suitable job has been a huge leap for me this year. I have learned a great deal, and it will be invaluable experience for the next stage. Although it still isn't fulfilling yet. I'm prepared to let that go though because I'm not ready to get totally serious about my career yet. Although it wouldn't hurt to broaden my horizons a little.

Hmmm,... I can't really think of anything else right now. Of course there are the obvious ones... Meet girl of dreams, Stay sane, ... etc.

Alright...

(5) Get in contact with old friends/ people from my past
This is something I've wanted to do for awhile. Perhaps if I put it down here, it will become more of a priority. I find people that I meet these days to be so disconnected. Maybe it's just part of getting older. Anyway, I would like to catch up with some people that I haven't seen for ages. Just to see what they are doing now. If they are still as cool as they were. Or if I just imagined it.

I recieved contact from an old Biology teacher of mine from highschool 15 years ago, and he said that he would like to organise a reunion. That would be neat.

When I'm in Adelaide in a couple of weeks, I think I'll look him up.


And so, at 1.34am, I'm going home. Goodnite to all.

3 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

tag!
you are the one

November 01, 2005 6:34 pm  
Blogger Shay said...

Getting in contact with old friends is kinda fun! Good luck with that!

I recently ran into a classmate from elementary school and junior high, we exchanged e-mails and now talk to each other all the time over MSN. ^_^ He also connected me to some other members of the "old gang" which was pretty exciting, since I hadn't seen them in 10 years.

November 02, 2005 3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shay,

It's definitely something I want to do. It'd be interesting to see where everyone has ended up. And also to see how people have changed/not changed. 15 years is a long time!

November 02, 2005 7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home