Sunday, October 23, 2005

Messy night

Working some very odd shifts last week has left my body clock in a state of disarray.

Friday night I didn't get home until 5am. But the sad thing was I had just finished work. I only had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep, because there is a skylight in my room that prevents any sleep after about 10am. So I forced myself up, and went for a walk around Fitzroy Gardens. It's really nice there, reminds me of the botanical gardens in Adelaide. And the weather was great. Overcast warm with just a hint of breeze. Always feels so surreal and dreamy.

I found myself in the city at GoGo sushi, because I was craving something healthy. And a couple of green teas left me pretty spaced. I ended up at work again. Whoops! How did I get there? Free internet and phone possibly?

Anyway it started to rain and I was glad that I was inside, and when it cleared I rode my bike home for a couple of hours sleep before heading out.

My local is grauB. They've got a cheap pool table and the beers are inexpensive. The girl that manages it Kerry? is a sweetie. she always surprises with a packet of chips or a complementary drink. And she has great taste in music. It was good to hear them play some Archers. You just don't hear that in a pub. Anywhere.

Anyways, I met up with a guy that I'd met when I first came over, and we ended up at the Perserverence on Brunswick. And after a few scotch and drys, Alia Bar again. I don't know why I ended up here again, but I guess it's open late and close to home. So, home at 5am again.

I was going to go to the gym, but when the alarm went off, I was still pissed, so went back to sleep.

And when I went to empty my pockets, I found a packet of beer nuts and one of those sleeping blindfold mask things.

In all a good night. You can always tell how good your night has been by what you find in your pockets the next day.

2 Comments:

Blogger pirategirl said...

once I lent a guy a pair of flared jeans when he was going to a 70's party after work.
I found a brown permanent marker and a condom packet in the pockets.
I'm guessing he had a very good night.

October 23, 2005 9:17 pm  
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

i did my housework to icky mettle yesterday.

i suggest taping some cloth over your sky light, red maybe?

October 24, 2005 12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home