Friday, October 07, 2005

Decisions, Decisions...

I hate making decisions. I always have the feeling that it's a matter of life and death...

The boss just asked me if I would be interested in relocating to Adelaide to work on a job mapping powerlines.

Ha!

I'm certainly interested.

Despite the fact that I've just relocated from Adelaide... and blown a fortune in the process of getting here, it might be nice to spent a bit of time touring about SA. Good to catch up with Darren and the old gang.

The only thing is that the boss doesn't really want to lose me from the project that I'm on now either. I told him as much, but I don't mind where I'm working just as long as I'm doing something. I'm such a job-slut. And I was just about to start mapping a new railroad line in the Murray Mallee, that I was quite looking forward to.

The new contract would be for 10-12 months working 6 days a week, and I'll be living in a house with maybe 3 workmates with all accomodation paid for.

It'd be a great way to save some cash. Although I'd still be paying rent where I'm living now despite not actually living there.

This could be my chance to become a hero and win plaudits and adulation from my fellow co-workers and broaden my skills base and job prospects to the point where my cv would look quite sexy.

And having the home ground advantage would certainly help.

But I am only just getting into the swing of Melbourne.

I have until Monday to let him know...

Any ideas?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it - - maybe you won't get yelled at while bike riding in Adelaide!!

er..Happy Thanksgiving (?)

October 08, 2005 6:05 am  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Come home. Everything happens for a reason. If you do come home, I'll pash you.

that alone is worth considering!

Seriously, consider the reasons you left. Are they gone? Are they indifferent? Are you running away from the past? Can you face it now?

Are you a different person now to face such adversities?

Again, I'm a good kisser :)

October 08, 2005 3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo, happy thanksgiving to you also.

Hmmm...

Return to Adelaide = makin out with Ms Smack

Stay here = changing flatmates diapers

Tough choice. Anything else you can throw into the deal to tip things your way, Ms Smack? (grins mischievously)

October 09, 2005 4:17 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

hahahahaa um, i'll think about it !

October 09, 2005 5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home