Monday, October 17, 2005

Another wasted night

Well Friday night found me almost penniless, yet somewhat restless. I just wanted to get out of it, so I went down to the Union Club for a couple of wines. I was gonna get some food too, but that would have taken up valuable real estate. And a guy that I had met previously was there, so we played doubles with a couple of cute girls, and things started getting competitive. So we swapped partners, (ooooh how risque) and started playing for Cowboy shots.

It's another peculiarity about Melbourne. Everyone loves to play for drinks.

Not that I was complaining. I was winning after all.

We ended up at Alia Bar which is one of the countless nightclubs in Fitzroy. Nothing special about it, another faceless DJ, many 'beautiful' people.

But the lack of sleep and the many drinks had caught up with me. I sat on a couch and tried to regain my bearings. It could have been half, 1, 2 or three hours. But I was OK after that.

And after an in-depth and somewhat heated discussion on the merits of Pete Murray as a serious artist/performer, I decided to stumble home at 5am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home