Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Adieu, Adieu!!

It wasn't a tough choice. I almost jumped at the chance.

I'll be moving back to SA on November 3. About 3 weeks time, just in case you didn't have a calendar on you. The day after the Melbourne cup long weekend (Here in Melbourne anyhow).

Things have worked out almost perfectly for me career-wise over here, but from a social perspective it could be so much more. In a way I think it'll be a blessing.

So I'll be living somewhere in the Barossa at first. I'll save $600 a month in rent, because accommodation is paid for, and I'll get a living away from home bonus as well. Even though I'm technically at home.

I'll miss Smith Street though.

I knocked off early from work, and headed down to get some spaghettini (I'm such a yuppie. None of that spaghtetti for me. Only peasants eat that ;) )

I was sitting there eating away, and some scruffy looking guy comes in. And the trendy lady asks him what he wants.

He says nothing, but helps himself to a jug of water sitting on the bar and pours himself a glass. He drinks it down, and then stumbles off toward the door. He puts the glass on the floor by the door, and heads off into the bustle.

It's just so random, that you have to dig it. Expect the unexpected.

I reckon I'll definitely be back here when the work finishes though. And this time I know what I'm up against. I'll do it properly next time.

Next time.

FIN

2 Comments:

Blogger Shay said...

Good luck with the move! I think you made the right choice.

October 12, 2005 2:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one big BRB, but make sure you do! There are potential gigs coming up and I want to meet a real-live Blogger.

October 12, 2005 8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home