Friday, September 09, 2005

Henry, get out of the helicopter

Well it's 9.30 on a Friday night and I'm still at work.

Noice.

I have to get things prepared for my field trip next week.

I'll be between Bendigo and Swan Hill in rural Victoria, so give me a wave if you see me about the place. I'll be sampling the bakeries and pubs in the area, as you understand my search for the perfect custard tart continues.

Actually the bakery on the main street of Seymour was quite good last time, I recommend that you all go there. They do some wonderful gourmet pies too.

Well last weekend as I was extremely hungover from a massive night of drinking these delightful beverages, I went in to pick up my new red lamp which had just arrived in my favourite bedroom retailer.

If I haven't already told you, I am doing my bedroom up. It's not very big, but it's mine, and it is my mission to make it the most luxurious and decadent of all bedrooms.

I am going to fill it with cushions and lamps and possibly purple velvet cloth draped over the walls. A veritable fire hazard? I understand, but we all have to make sacrifices in the name of luxury.

So as I was making my purchase, I was discussing my plans with the sparkly eyed rather cute salesgirl, and she was getting all excited finding me cushions to buy. As she climbed to the top of a fixture to get one, I noticed in passing that she had an equally cute arse.

And we were chatting away, and she gave me a big class of water to calm my throbbing... head, and I got to meet her boss, and everything.

And she gave me some good prices, and then in true "friendly Melbourne person that is very friendly" style invited me out to some little club in the back roads of Melbourne. All very casual and matter-of-fact. So I may be going to see Cat Empire tomorrow night. Even though I think I might not like it. I may quite possibly loathe it (the band that is). But hopefully the company will make up for it.

I just don't know that going to see a crap band is a good place for a 'first-date' if indeed that is what it is. Going to the movies is also a bad first-date option. You just kind of sit there, and don't interact. Unless you're into just making out.

I don't know. Any ideas?

And another thing is that I spent so much money on cushions that I don't really have any left for going out. Haha.

Aaah... the vicissitudes of life.

I'm going home now. I guess that means I'll be in on Sunday finishing what I was meant to do today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Smack said...

She totally digs you. It doesnt matter where you go, it just matters that she's with you.

Im sure she doesnt suggest a club to all of her customers. Can you imagine her suggesting this to a 50 something called Myrtle? no.

Some cheap dates can be a walk by the park, the river, the beach, coffee/dvd at your place/ her place, the local mall, coffee shop, pancake house, or just plain fish-n-chips on the beach, watching the sun set.

Cat empire are energetic... they'll get your booty shakin'

goodluck and report back immediately!!

September 11, 2005 12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home