Monday, September 05, 2005

Do I need this?

I have 2 housemates. I haven't spoken much about them because I hardly see them.

It's because I rock'n'roll all night, and party every day.

Anyway, my two housemates don't get along. Lets call them C and R. And I will be A.

Anyway, R will be moving out at the end of the week, and I was meant to give R her bond. However, I had to give the bond to C first because she handles the rent side of things.

Now things get a little tricky because R had to pay for her new bond at her new place, but because C doesn't trust her, she wouldn't give R her bond until after she moves out.

Fair enough too, because that's the whole point of having a bond. To make sure that people don't shoot through and leave you in the lurch. And the guy that lived with them before me did exactly the same thing. So it's fair that some people are a bit cautious about that sort of thing.

So I'm upstairs brushing my teeth on a Saturday morning, and I say good morning to C as she heads downstairs. I can smell gunpowder in the air.

"Bond".

Says R's boyfriend indignantly at the bottom of the stairs. His arms folded and tapping his fingers on his arm.

"I'll give R her bond when she pays the bills and moves out." says C.

And there is the spark.

The next thing I know, words are flying around the house... C is yelling at R calling her a princess. R's boyfriend is standing over C trying to intimidate her into giving R the money, calling her a thief, R is quite silent throughout the whole ordeal, but offering 'bitch' as a consolation.

It's not really what you want in your house.

So I go downstairs, and R's boyfriend is offering to steal C's fridge and washing machine in revenge for not giving him the bond.

Nice.

Then they try to get me involved.

"It's A's money anyway, and he said that we could have it."

But I have none of it. It's funny how some peoples true colours are revealed when money is involved.

Eventually a compromise is reached. C will give R half of the bond. The rest will be given back when the bills are paid.

So everyone is happy.

Sort of.

Our new housemate is B. She will move in in a couple of weeks provided everything works out with this old one. Then it will be A, B and C.

Easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i like that story, A.

September 15, 2005 9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home