Saturday, August 13, 2005

Touche turtle

Last night after work, I went to see Gemnastics at the poetry reading thing at Salon Kitty. Twas good, and i went up and speaked to her after wards.

When I got there, the place was pretty much empty but for the barkeeper, and I speaked to him. So he was telling me stories about how he was a dancer in Las Vegas and also for the big names in showbiz like Tina Turner and Madonna and stuff. And he was quite blase about it all, and I had a glass of red wine and it was good to hear his things.

And then I watched the show And then I got sleepy from the wine, cos wine does that to me.

And Gemmy, she was nice, just like I imagined more or less, though they never are, and I was having a nice chat with her afterward about her blog and things, and then her male poetry man friend came over and then they went back someplace. And I was there alone again.

So that was that, and I ended up at a yiros joint looking at my reflection in the mirror before I walked home about 2km probly, and I was pissed and cold, and wondered why I drink at all. I just get sleepy, and noone likes a sleepy head. In that circumstance.

And then I got to thinking how I felt annoyed about things, and how I don't like to feel annoyed cos I kind of feel obligated to do things, and I don't wanna feel obligated. And I don't know how to feel about anything and how I like you in theory and how I could never be with you and despite having a cool job and everything that maybe I don't like people, and how it's just such an effort, and I kind of don't want to make any effort, but I do.

Then I went to sleep. And I got a cramp in my leg during the night. And I thought how fucked that was, and how if I hadn't been drinking it wouldn't have happened. And dehydrated, and yukky, and then i had a shower and had my egg and lettuce sandwich that I bought yesterday. And then I talked with my flatmate about some things and how we didn't like the other flatmate much, and thats ok because she is moving out soon. And we will be putting the ad in the paper soon and I hope we get a good one this time, but we will be interviewing in a couple of weeks.

But I will be going back to see Gemmy again tonite maybe. And I will do the whole thing again...

Touche turtle.

4 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

*hugs* sweet adrian. i fight myself every night not to visit the bottle shop which you know is only across the road, because once i started, id be stuck in that analysing sadness hole that keeps you following your own tracks round and about again until the only thing that makes any sense at all is to keep on drinking an dgive up on everything else
*sigh*
im here for you, ok? in theory and in practice
xxxxx

August 13, 2005 2:34 pm  
Blogger Lipstick 'n' Linguine said...

wine makes me sleepy..

sleepy and stupid

August 13, 2005 6:41 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

thanx faerie,
nice of you to say so.

xxx

August 14, 2005 4:19 pm  
Blogger Gemnastics said...

I know the very Yeeros place you mean!

September 01, 2005 5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home