Monday, August 15, 2005

Poetry overload

I've been enjoying the events of the Overload poetry festival here in Melbourne.

Last night I ventured down to the Tote for the Poets breakfast. I almost didn't go on account that I have been feeling like shit lately, and the weather is fucked and stuff. But it also gave me an opportunity to drop off a Meatbeaters cd to try and organise some gigs for the band. So I went.

My favourite was a cute blonde girl (I think her name was Briohny Doyle). And her poems had a great mix of raunch and good humour. And she was cute so that always helps.

I also liked Justin Heazlewood, but all the artists were good in one way or another. I was sad to learn that Kami had already gone back to Adelaide, because I'd always wanted to see him, and it would have been nice to see a familiar face.

Any way it was all pretty entertaining, so tonight I'll be at the Noise Bar for more.

I'm such a groupie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Smack said...

Missing home?

August 16, 2005 1:43 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

Yeah, at times I do, but then I think... "I spent two years trying to get out of there...". And I come down every month or so anyhow. Plus there is so much to do in Melbourne that you don't really have time to think aboit anything else.

August 16, 2005 2:16 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

ah fair enough. All apart of the grand scheme eh?

Melbourne is a city you can get lost in, which I like. Adelaide is quaint, familiar and more livable, I reckon.

ty for replying to my comment.

August 17, 2005 12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home