Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Coincidence is either hit or miss

I'd just gotten off the phone from Carly and cooked myself a rump steak when I headed off for work on my bicycle. I stopped off at the bank to see if my credit limit had been extended. Of course it hadn't... yet... And I continued on my way. It's been a beautiful couple of days here with lovely sunshine,.. and I pedalled through the city to my place of work in South Melbourne.

As I was nearing my destination, I pulled up at a red light and waited for the light to change when I saw a very familiar looking girl crossing the road. I thought nothing of it, and when the green came I pedalled off looking over my shoulder trying to get a better look at her without making it look too obvious.

She was looking at me too, and I slowed my bike down and scrunched up my face trying to improve my vision. I have perfect 10/20 vision when I squint.

"....Flora?"

"....Adrian?"

Flora was one of the students at the dancing place that I used to teach at. I never expected to see her here three years later in Melbourne.

So anyway, long story cut short, She and her partner Andrew have moved down to Southbank to further their careers... ( I think I've started something here). They are both lovely people, and being new to Melbourne, they are looking for a place to continue their dancing.

That's a coincidence, I am too. So we exchanged numbers and I continued on my way as I was running late. But it was quite random, the whole thing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Maybe I will have some friends here after all!

4 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

see? things are looking up :)

August 03, 2005 7:38 pm  
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

...see you soon

xxx

August 06, 2005 9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get back to adelaide and get the cabbage of my ears. i can't stand it no longer i tell ya.

August 07, 2005 5:23 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

I like Adelaide.. oh, and my word verification combination tonight? EEKPOX

seriously

September 06, 2005 9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home