Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thumbs in the braces, and strut

Allow me to introduce myself,...

I am Adrian, your friendly neighborhood mapping analyst for Groove Terminator laboratories.

I didn't tell you yesterday about my planned interview for this morning. I didn't want to jinx myself. I applied yesterday, and within two hours, they had rung for an interview.

Note: this is a different company than the one I had been bitching about yestertag.

So, I moseyed in at 8.30 with my lucky polka dot tie, and was greeted at the door by David. He is a cool guy. We had instant repoire, and he took me upstairs past the concierge and through the security doors. The first thing he did was make a coffee. I also had one, and from the moment I arrived, I felt at home. We had a brief chat about my work history as a forest technician, a dance insructor and university days, before he announced:

"Well Adrian, I'm more than happy to give you this job right now"

To which I countered:

"Well, I'm more than happy for you to do that too."

And so it began.

"Now we have a project in Perth at the moment. Would you be happy for me to fly you out there tomorrow?"

Ummm, let me think about this for a sec. I think so, but it's a long flight. I'll have to rest my arms for a while. heeheeheehehehehehehhhheeeee (Yes, I managed to slip in my favourite line)

I don't think I will actually be assigned to that project just yet, as I have been given something else to do in the meantime, but it's still nice to be offered.
Now let me see... $20 an hour for a 40 hour week. That's got to be at least $100 a week, doesn't it??

And within 15 minutes of the interview, I had the job, just... We need someone, you obviously have what it takes, here's the job.

No second interview shit, no "What can you bring to this company?" Dude, you've got my resume right there. If I have to tell you that, someone's not paying attention.

Oh, and they have a regulation size fussball table (you know like foos ball).


Enable bouncing off the walls.

Enable dancing on the ceiling.

Enable the walk of sunshine.

All systems go at Groove Terminator labs.



And if I should happen to recieve a phone call from a certain other place, which I'm sure would go something like:

"Yeah, um... hi, we've got the lightbulb in from Germany, and we were wondering if you could come in and fit it for us, because we want to screw you like a pig in a barnyard"

"Sorry bums, find some other pigeon for your lowly paid monkey job, I've been snapped up like a tasty piece of butterfish. Up yours."

CLICK

And if you happen to live in country Victoria, and you are waiting at the boomgates for the train to pass, and you see some dude drive along the train-tracks in a modified Toyota Landcruiser with a camera in one hand and a GPS in the other, take the time to wind down your window and wave to me as I travel off on another adventure bringing your realworld environment to a more convenient electronic form.

Oh baby.

Now, I'm off to the local pub for a tasty meal.............

4 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

yay you, you friendly neighborhood mapping analyst, you!

stop off in adelaide if your arms get too tired

July 13, 2005 9:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah! (Getting the job was all you..it had nothing to do with the Canadian crossing her fingers for you!!) The job sounds pretty sweet. Forest techinician...dance instructor? I think you need one of those '100 things' lists! I'm the same anon as below: as for getting my own blog..I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I do plan on creating one for my students this fall though ;-) Keep smiling!

July 13, 2005 10:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He went to the pub for a tasty meal..and hasn't been heard from since. Do we need to worry? Perhaps they *were* serious and he has been flown to Perth. Regardless, I believe we miss him.

July 16, 2005 12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm still here, just haven't got much time at the moment. But it was a tasty meal... Update will be later today hopefully.

July 18, 2005 10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home