Friday, July 01, 2005

Arrival

It's 11:18pm, local Adelaide time, and I have just completed my seven-and-something hour drive across the border.

My arse is numb. My brain is numb.

Well, a few things have happened over the past few days, so I guess I'll just start at the beginning:

I rang to see if I got the job.

"I'm afraid that we've decided to give the position to someone else..."

I winced.

"But..."

That sounded like a promising but.

"Big boss daddyman# was very impressed with your retail history, and there is a position available in the shopfront, of course, you won't use your brain very much# , and you will probably be paid fuck all# but at least you will have a foot in the company door, and you can be moved about when you gain experience."

# slight embellishment.

"So, how about you come in on Monday at about 1pm, and we spend a half a day to show you what the position entails?"

So I don't know if I have the job, or if they still need to decide. I just will go in there at said time, and we will see.

Well, that's a start I guess. And I do need $$$.

While I was on the phone, my mobile was buzzing away to tell me that my Aunt was trying to call.

I rang her back when I got off the phone with my prospective employer.

And as I gushed with unbridled enthusiasm about my newfound semi-employment, I could tell that something was not right.

See post above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home