Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Twenty-one years of priapism

The Hard-ons are playing the Espy Thursday night. They rock like any band before or since, and you can have your Jet and your fucking Thirsty Merc. It's just a shame they don't do their fire-eating tricks anymore, since that unfortunate incident...

I believe the old drummer/singer Keish will be playing a few of the older songs too!

I saw them for the first time at their 10 years of rock farewell show at the Synagogue (now Church in Adelaide for all you young'uns). I've met about twenty people who claim to be the person who jumped from the balcony and latched onto the giant disco ball suspended from the atrium. And brought it tumbling down into the crowd. Funny I never met any of the people who were hit by it. But I do remember the two beautiful girls that I was standing behind. And I would stand there and they would back their asses into my crotch and press their fragrant hair into my face.

I was 16. And that sort of thing just doesn't happen anymore. Thankyou John Howard...

The band were smokin it up. And I remember we had to catch the last train home, so we had to leave early. Two of my mates drunkenly insisted on rolling down the ramp of the train station, ensuring that we missed the train and had to get a taxi.

I saw them four or five times since then. Once at a New Years Eve concert in Brisbane. I drove a cheap rental car from the Gold Coast, and on the way home the radiator overheated.



 Posted by Hello

It's gonna be one farkin awesome rockfest. Not only that, but they are playing in Adelaide on Saturday night, and I will hopefully be seeing them there too!

Now, if I could only make it to Loxton on the Sunday night...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaufman said...

I love the Hard-Ons. Give Kesh / Keish [forgot the spelling of his name] a kiss on the mouth for me - tongue and alcohol breath - and tell him you're not homosexual [?] but passing on a message from a heterosexual male whom he was interviewd by about 12 years ago. See what he says / does.

Get back to me if possible as it will have a bearing on my current data.

June 29, 2005 7:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was close enough to kiss him, but alas. He did jump on me from the stage though, and I might have elbowed him in the face at one point.

As expected, they were bloody great, and as tight as that damn faucet in yer basement. Half new stuff, and half old stuff. Keish didn't play drums but did his best front-man impersonation.

Thanks to Jen from Sandringham High for the Mispent Youth demo. Maybe I'll see you again sometime.

July 02, 2005 10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home