Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Steak and Kidney beach

Todays post comes from Acland St.

I have just had my second interview for aforementioned job. Of course, this time with the Executive General Manager or some such. Don't those words turn you into a mountain of jello?

Things were going well until he asked the magic question.

"So what have you done to show me that you have what it takes to do this job?"

And of course, there were a few things that I could have said, but I couldn't think of any at that particular time. Not that would impress this man of stature. Being a mountain of jello doesn't really help in this situation.

So I sit in Acland St waiting for the Gods to weave their magic and hope that the other incumbents crash and burn like some suicide bomber from hell.



The last 4 songs on the 80s radio station that I have heard whilst typing this are:

"Fascination" by Human League
"Where the streets have no name" by U2
"When Smokie Sings" by ABC
"Who's Johnny?" by El Derbarge (From that movie "Short Circuit")


Haven't heard that last one since primary school.

"Johnny five is still alive". "Input, Input".

Gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home