Monday, May 16, 2005

Not Long Now!

Happy Adelaide Cup Day! Yay, it's a long weekend here in Adelaide, so I hope you backed a winner. Giddy up.

I've been soaking up what's left of the sunshine before the cold cold winter hits us again for another year. Today was lovely, and I spent that just thinking and walking on the beach. I guess it was around 23C. In Melbourne, it's usually about 3 deg colder, and it's those 3 degrees that make all the difference. Only two weeks to go now before the big move!

I still haven't got much organised, and I know that I'm leaving it a bit late. I have done some research in the papers/ internet and there appear to be plenty of places available, but I'm not really sure how easy it is to actually do it. I'm looking at share accomodation in the Inner - Eastern suburbs (Hawthorn, Richmond, etc) but I'm not that fussy. Fitzroy or Brighton would be nice too.

All I really want is a place to settle down that is kind of close to the action so that I can start organising job applications and stuff. Oh, and internet access. Is it hard to find accomodation without a job? I've got enough money saved up for the bond and stuff, so that shouldn't be a problem.

When I lived on the Gold Coast about 6 years ago, I shared with this guy that was the son of the real estate agent that I was letting through. He was older than me, fairly quiet and kept to himself. We got along okay, but I always felt uncomfortable there. All the furniture etc was his, so it kind of felt like I was his guest. He was a lot more tidy than I was (not that I was messy), but I was always concerned that I wasn't doing my share of the housework. He never said anything though, and I think I settled in fairly well. Maybe I was just being insecure. But what is the etiquette? Do you organize rosters and things before you move in? Are there any precautions that you can take so that you don't get screwed over?

If anyone out there has any suggestions then I would love some help.
It's a bit scary. I don't really have any friends in Melbourne, except for all you guys out there, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home