Tuesday, May 17, 2005

History Lesson Part 2

I'm still scratching my head over Friday night! It was a great night to say the least, and caught up with a LOT of old school chums and acquaintances. Despite the fact that I was the roadie for the bands at the C&A and had to drive the van. Reduced alcohol intake, Bah designated driver, mumble mumble allowed me to experience a different slant of the pub experience. We had some time to kill, so we stopped off for dinner at the Bombay Bicycle Club. Their butter chicken is the best this side of Calcutta. Mmmmmmmmmmm

I went to help set up the gear. When I got back there were these two cute blondes sitting at the bar knocking back Cowboys and an assortment of other spirits. We exchanged glances and I ordered my drinks. I went back in to watch the bands. When the set was finished, and I'd picked my eardrums off the roof (yeah they were LOUD!), I headed back to the bar. The cute girl beckoned me with a wriggle of her finger, and I was drawn in like the Millenium Falcon into the Death Star's tractor beam.

“Did you used to work at Myer?", she breathed.

I nodded in the affirmative.

I thought I recognised her as a girl that worked there.

Then she burst out to her friend,

"You're the guy who tried to make my friend sleep in the park!"

"Huh?"

It turns out that she was a friend of a girl that I took back to my place about 5 years ago!!!! From a uni pubcrawl. I was about 21, and being inexperienced with girls, tried to convince the girl that rooting in the parklands would be a romantic if not inexpensive idea. A cab home would have cost $25, and I was too pissed to drive.
Apparently the T-shirt that I was wearing had triggered something in her brain, and brought forth a photographic recollection of a random nights events from the turn of the century. She then proceeded to reel off a list of Adrian-related facts. How the fuck did she remember all this? I doubt I would even recognize the girl if I saw her walking down the street. I was intrigued by her to say the least. So we continued to chat, and then she pointed out someone standing behind me.

"See that guy there, he’s the first guy I ever gave a headjob to. He blew all over his shirt and then walked back into the party. Everyone knew what had happened. It was so embarrassing."

"That guy?" I signalled.

"Yeah, he wouldn't remember me though, I looked a lot different from what I do now."

I went back and watched the next band. In my faded red Evil Knievel T-shirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

LMAO.

May 17, 2005 5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home