Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Guy That Thunk Too Much

I don't know who reads this blog in particular. I started it after being inspired by the fabulous blog Gempires. Reading it helped me to understand how other people might think, and gave me an insight into other people's lives. I envisioned creating something similar.

Now I'm not sure.

I guess that all bloggers feel the same way sometimes.

I guess some do it for popularity, some for fun, or whatever. But I do it to externalise my internal dialogue in the hope that things will become clearer.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth it. I find that as soon as I publish my work on-line, it kind of takes away from what it is that I'm writing about. Maybe that's a good thing.

So here I am as the sun turns about the earth (or whichever way it goes).

And I wait.

5 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

'the record stays still while the world revolves around it'

darren hanlon

May 09, 2005 10:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, its weird, you start this thing that is pretty much anonymous and just blab. then maybe people start blabbing back or something and it starts to become less like thinking out loud and more like making a speech. thats my take on it, at least. sun rise, sun set.

May 11, 2005 3:47 am  
Blogger Lipstick 'n' Linguine said...

my blog started off slowly just afew readers then mid 2003 it got really popular, you know.. 30+ comments plus on a post and now it has REALLY quietened down. But i have to say that nowadays my blog is a whole lot more real - if that means anything. Before it was all links and flash and comments, comments, comments. I like writing about real stuff now. It feels more fulfilling.

Just my random thoughts on it.

May 13, 2005 8:50 pm  
Blogger Kaufman said...

This the most insightful thing you've written.

Who knows why people blog and is everyone's reason similar? Possibly not. Whatever your reason for blogging, keep it up as it's a case of evolving as you go. Maybe your reasons will continue to change until you're doing it for a completely different reason to the one that got you started.

BTW, I like your use of the American past tense for the verb to think in the title. Nice touch.

:)

May 17, 2005 10:41 am  
Blogger Samantha Regione said...

I do it for release.

Oh .... and also to TEAR SHREDS OUT OF FUCKING IDIOTS.

But mostly for release.

Which is kind of the same thing really.

May 27, 2005 6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home