Sunday, May 01, 2005

Goal Update

I think that this is why I'm feeling good at the moment. I am on the verge of something big, and it's exciting!

All right! Its the 1st of May. In one month from today, I will be living in Melbourne.

Of that you can be sure. I don't care if I have to sleep in my car! This has been long overdue, so nothing is going to stop me now, and I don't wanna talk it over (Remember that Samantha Fox song?)

I remember 2 years ago, I was getting ready to move to Melbourne, but I was in all sorts of financial trouble. In retrospect the timing may not have been the best. Then just as I was about to leave, I met Bec and decided to postpone the trip to see where things would go with us.

It's funny because she taught me a lot about money, and I think that meeting her was a lesson that I had to learn if I was going to succeed in achieving my goals. So thanks for that Bec. I think I taught her a lot as well. It's just a shame that things had to turn out as they did. I think that I am a lot less trusting now and I don't think I can ever be the same as I was. I guess that's normal though isn't it?

My new life starts here folks. I have planned to have a certain amount of money saved by the end of the month so that I can hopefully make a smooth transition over there. In the next few weeks I will be looking more seriously at accomodation and employment options.

Now that I have been single again, I have been catching up a lot with my old friend Darren. I have known him since I was 11. He introduced me to a lot of awesome music, and I was the singer in his band for a couple of years. He's a bloody great guitarist. I really appreciate him a lot more now, and he's a really top bloke. He'll do anything for you, and he's great company. I don't have to pretend around him, and I hope that we can continue our friendship when I go away. He's about the only reason I'm still in Adelaide.

3 Comments:

Blogger MissItalianCutie said...

hey,

moving to melbourne are we.... that was always my plan from like the age of 14....but now im deciding to change that to overseas.

i adore melb so much, actually will be there next wknd. but europe and asia are now my calling...

have a great time there!

May 02, 2005 12:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey deud,

We are just so alike. Same blog name, and I'm doing a big move too. for the last year or so, ive been so god-damned depressed, and i finally snapped out of it and realized something that i always kind of knew but couldnt really admit. that is, living with my dad is really fucking bad for my mental health. so, im getting a place in highland park. my own place. right by the train, too. ahhh.

good luck to you and melbourne

May 04, 2005 3:50 am  
Blogger Adrian said...

Thanks a lot for the well wishes guys. I'm itching to get over there and start. It's killing me!

May 06, 2005 11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home