Saturday, May 28, 2005

Equus

So what do you do when one of your favourite bloggers appears in a play? With her bits out? Well you go and see it don't you! Last night I went to see EQUUS down at the Noarlunga College Theatre. It's the other side of town for me, but not really that far. Especially when you jump on the expressway.

So I arrived in the theatre a half hour early to get my ticket. And I was scared. I kind of hoped that I would be able to sit anonymously down the back because I didn't want to be recognised. And I guess if you are performing, it can make you uncomfortable to know that certain people might be watching (especially if you are naked). So I sat at the back. And I was glad that I went.

The set was pretty simple. And the use of costume was excellent. The horse masks were sculpted from a metal frame, and looked amazing when the spotlights reflected off them.

Carly played the part of the willing stable girl. It was strange to actually see her for real. And my heart thumpity thumped when she spoke. She has the cutest voice! And she was being all flirty and coy. My favourite!

The poor guy that she was playing opposite stayed naked for most of the second set. And the girls sitting next to me were giggling and blushing. I think they knew him, and they were saying that they'd never be able to look at him the same way again.

So well done Carly. You are very brave to get up night after night and perform like that. It was a great play, and I hope your last night goes off without a hitch. You talented thang!

Love Adrian

3 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

gah! heeheeeee, im all coy and blushy.

thankyou again for coming. you really should have hung around afterwards though, it would have been nice to meet you.

p.s. i think nonchalantly as a cloud is going to be my new catchphrase, with no burgo in sight

May 29, 2005 1:56 pm  
Blogger pirategirl said...

:) yeah, she's brilliant huh?
carly and her one-man-standing-ovation on Saturday night.

now if we can only sucker in more bloggers to our plays carly. mehehe.

i reckon carly going nude is a real crowd pulling drawcard - hell thats how i sold the show.

May 30, 2005 3:35 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

Yeah, I probably should have stayed around to say hi. I will next time, I promise!

May 30, 2005 6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home