Saturday, April 09, 2005

Takin' a Ride

I needed to clear my head, so I jumped in the car with a full tank to see where the wheels would take me. I ended up in Whyalla, the place where I grew up. I haven't been there for ages, and the place has changed a fair bit.

So I was driving past my old school when it occurred to me that I didn't have any of my old school photos. I went in, realising that I hadn't been in this place for over 20 years. God I feel old saying that. It turns out that my teacher was a bit of a photographer, and there is a box full of photos that she had taken that I didn't even know existed. Imagine the fun that I had looking through that box. There were puppet shows, circus excursions, concerts, Come Out parades. I remembered most of it, but to see it on film was amazing. I ended up spending $75 on copies, but I could have spent so much more!

So I present you with the class of Room 8 from Nicolson Ave Junior Primary in 1984!



That's me in the square Posted by Hello

Click on the picture to see it better.

Sitting next to me on the left was the first girl I ever had eyes for, Patricia. She moved to Tasmania a year later. I remember playing kiss-chasey with her. I wonder where she is now?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a coincidence.

http://dreamsarefreemotherfucker.blogspot.com/

April 12, 2005 4:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home