Saturday, April 30, 2005

Moment of Clarity

My brother asked if I was available on Tuesday night to play chess at his club. I haven't seen him for a while, so I said yes. My rating was up to 838. Quite an improvement because I only lost one game last season. Not bad for someone that never practises!

I played another guy with the exact same rating, but lost because I had a lapse in concentration. It didn't particularly bother me, but hopefully I'll bounce back next week.

After I drove my brother home, I was heading back to my place when suddenly I realised that I felt content. It was a very welcome but unexpected feeling. I remember driving down the same road at the same time of night about a year ago with a maelstrom of dissatisfaction, anger, alienation and solitude trapped in my head.

But in the car, at that moment, I felt a fleeting glimpse of calm.

The next night, however, was a different story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home