Friday, April 01, 2005

The Big Foist

Sorry I've been a bit slack lately with the blogging, but all I feel like doing is complaining. And I would hate to burden you, the loyal reader with my troubles. But maybe that's what blogs are for? I am the last person that ever thought I would say this, but I think it's time for a reality check.

A few posts ago, I wrote a list of things that I wanted to achieve this year. Number 1 on the list was to get out of Adelaide. But with all my debts, and not having a full time job, this will prove to be a big hurdle. I don't really want a full time job, because it will just be a reason to stay here. At the same time, by not looking for anything, I am pissing my life away waiting!

This week, after a few weeks of getting one day a week at work, they finally decided to give me four days. I am needing the extra money, but it comes at a price. The negative energy in this place is unbelievable.

The result?

After just three days of work, I am totally spent. I don't just mean physically tired, but it has affected my personality. I feel like any enthusiasm I may have had has been sucked from my body. That my friends is not a nice feeling.

It's not just this job though. With each job that I have had so far, the management has expected more and more. Just as I think that conditions cannot get any worse, I am astounded with the new depths to which they sink to save a buck. Retail sucks. Surely it can't get worse???

I had a talk with Bec about this over the phone on Wednesday night, and she told me that I should quit. I am a bit reluctant to do this because I don't have another job to go to. I have since decided to only be available weekends. That's about all that I can stomach at the moment.

It just means waiting a little longer to leave....[sigh]...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home