Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Three stooges

Yesterday, being a glorious day, myself and two pals decided to go up to catch some crabs and fish at Port Parham.

There is nothing funnier than a tractor. Especially one that is out of control. Darren has a license to drive one of these things, but this one had so many levers and pedals that it took about an hour to figure out how to use the thing. So after many bunny hops and near misses, we finally get the boat attached and drive it out to the water. The tide is about a kilometre out, so we drop the boat in the water, and I hold it while the others take the tractor back to the shore. They have to walk back to the boat, and it takes us a good few hours to finally get ready.

So we go to start the motor, and IT DOESN'T. We try and try and wait and wait, and end up flooding the motor. We are pretty cheesed off at this point, so we sent Cabs back to get the tractor, and load the boat back on the trailer. While we are waiting in the water, a crab bites Darren on the foot, and he runs hooting and hollering out of the water whilst I clutch my belly in amusement.

When we do get the boat back in the shed, we try to start it one more time, and it roars into life!

Bec stayed over again last night. I will see her again on Thursday night.

Philosophy Jammm is on tonight. My old Uni teacher will be running it, so I might pop along. It's on the Marquis De Sade, so there could be some interesting parallels with my life at the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home