Saturday, March 05, 2005

Ten Most Enjoyable Smiths Songs (plus 1)

(1) Back to the Old House/ These Things Take Time
And you never knew, how much I really liked you…
Dead heat. From the …Difference? Single. Great songs, delightfully reminiscent…

(2) Sheila Take a Bow
Im a girl, and you’re a boy…. Karaoke favourite

(3) That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore
It’s too close to home and its too near the bone….
It was dark as I drove the point home…

Karaoke favourite, great tune.

(4) Bigmouth Strikes Again
Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking….

(5) Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour…. The theme song to my life?

(6) William, It Was Really Nothing
The rain falls down, on a hum-drum town
Would you like to marry me, and if you like you can buy the ring?

Ha Ha Ha,… so wonderfully fey

(7) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Take me out tonite….
Lovely

(8) What Difference Does It Make?
But I’m still fond of you, ..
The first Smiths song I ever heard

(9) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
And if they don’t believe us now,….?
Used to rank higher, but has suffered from repeated playing.

(10) Panic
Burn down the disco….
The Carter USM version is better though (Most Carter covers were better than the originals).


Honourable mentions to
Vicar In A Tutu, The Queen is Dead, Hand in Glove

Jeers to
Those stupid bitches that desecrated How Soon Is Now?…. for some crap American TV show. BOO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home