Thursday, March 10, 2005

Just Friends...

It was just a matter of time before we had come to this point. Bec and I have made a somewhat mutual decision to become 'just friends'.

Fuck!! I hate that term! And it feels so weird to be 'just friends' with someone that you know so intimately. I guess I don't know what to feel right now. I have known that this was on the cards for ages, and I think I was just waiting to see how it would unfold.

She began with one of her general questions:

"So what are you going to be doing in the future? ... Not in the near future,... but in the future?"

"Well, I've decided upon a date to be moving to Melbourne."

I knew what she wanted to talk about, and she knew that I knew what she wanted to talk about, but it was up to me to bring the subject up.

"Well as you know, I am going to move to Mebourne in the next few weeks, so there are two things we can do:
  1. We can break up
  2. We can stay together
We continued to talk like this for a while, each of us asking questions of the other until gradually we zeroed in on the subject matter, dancing around without revealing our hands. We were each afraid of actually telling the other that our relationship was over, because we didn't want the other to be angry or disappointed or whatever. The strange thing is that even though Bec was the one who was really pushing for this separation, it seemed like it ended up being me that was breaking up with her.

So there it is. I am glad that I met you Bec. You certainly taught me a lot. It feels so strange to be ending this relationship, because there is a lot of love there. But, I think that we have made the right decision.

Love you
xxx

1 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

you're very brave...i think you've done the right thing..good luck xx

March 11, 2005 9:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home