Thursday, March 24, 2005

History Lesson

Yesterday, I went shopping for the first time in ages. I picked up a few bargains! Firstly, I bought a pair of 3-quarter pants. Only $45, but reduced from $130. They fit well too, I just hope that 3/4 pants will not have dated by next summer (I'm so fashionable).

Then I went into the city, and picked up a Ned's Atomic Dustbin cd single Happy, which happens to be one of the finest cd singles of all time! Just $3.

And for all you old-school Adelaide techno nuts out there, I found a copy of Matt Thomas' Particle Accelerator 12"on Undefined Recordings. Only $8! Matt Thomas is also known as Aquila, and he is a founding father of the Adelaide Techno House scene. I remember hearing his stuff on Dreaming Daisies with Georgie Knight on 3d radio back in the days when they were TripleM! Awesome! Sadly I was too young to see him live. I wonder if he is still around? There was some awesome talent around then, GT, HMC, Brendon, Angu$. I actually found an old home recording of Dreaming Daisies which featured a DJ T-Hai. Anybody know where he is now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home